The Maui Food Technology Center’s online webinar series in December 2021 will feature industry experts providing helpful tips and resources to help you succeed in today’s market. Three workshops will be offered on exporting to Japan, food safety and food labeling.
The registration fee is $ 10. To register, visit www.mauifoodtechnology.org/webinars. For questions, e-mail [email protected].
The MFTC “Exporting to Japan” workshop will be held on Friday December 3 from 12 noon to 1 pm. In this workshop, Neal Arakaki, President of Jaxie Corporation, will share the ins and outs of exporting to Japan and what you will need in your business toolbox to break into that market. Topics will include:
- How do you determine if your business is capable or ready to export?
- What should you know when attending trade shows in Japan?
- What are the latest food export regulations?
- How to streamline logistics?
- What pricing strategies are working for the Japanese market?
Arakaki is a seasoned entrepreneur who manages promotional projects for DBEDT and the Hawaii Department of Agriculture nationally and internationally. He has helped over 40 Hawaiian companies develop export systems to Japan.
The “Food Security Plan Workshop” will be held on Wednesday December 8 from 1 pm to 2 pm. In this workshop, John Nakashima, RS, PCQI, owner of Food Safety Services Hawai’i, LLC; will share what goes into creating a strong food safety plan and how these efforts will protect not only you, but your customers as well. Topics will include:
- What type of food safety plan do you need for your business?
- What is HACCP vs FSMA and what impact do these programs have on you?
- What information is needed in a food security plan?
- What are the pros and cons of DIY vs. outsourcing?
Nakashima has over 30 years of experience as a Food Safety Education Specialist and Trainer with the Hawaii Department of Health.
The “Food Labeling Workshop” will be held on Friday December 10 from 9 am to 10 am. In this workshop, Nina Ann Tanabe, MS, CFS, director of Pacific Food Technology, LLC; will share the latest news on food labeling and how it can be a game-changer for food manufacturers. Topics will include:
- Who needs a food label?
- What products do these federal agencies (USDA, FDA, and TTB) cover?
- What are the FDA’s Mandatory Food Labeling Requirements?
- What are the labeling deadlines for the USDA and the FDA?
Tanabe has over 35 years of experience in the areas of product development, regulatory compliance, ingredient and equipment sourcing and specifications, lean manufacturing and layout. factories.